I have the same ones as Cheryl plus, I like getting up at 4 in the morning to open my stocking. Then I go back to bed until we have a big breakfast and finally get to open our presents.
Ooh I'm so glad I found your blog! Ok our Christmas tradions are as follows: Devony's family drives around looking at pretty Christmas lights and singing Christmas carols, Aaron's fam reads "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. We get a new ornament each year that represents the main thing we did that year, whether it was buying our first house, or getting married. Our kids get ornaments too, so when they get married and leave they already have ornaments for their trees!
My kids get a new ornament for Christmas every year too. I do a 12 books of Christmas as well as a 24 day advent calendar with scriptures. We also go out to eat on Christmas eve with my family :)
i don't have a christmas tradition to share, but i just wanted to say hi rick and cheryl--it's karen (i don't want to put my last name for security sake, but you better remember me--byu, boise boys, islamic humanities, etc :o) i was checking the pettingill's blog and saw yours... how fun to see what you guys are up to! your kids are precious and it was fun to see rick's big smile :o) what a sweet family. seems like you're doing well--i just wanted to say hi! you can check out our blog too. jerandkare.blogspot... take care!
I have the same ones as Cheryl plus, I like getting up at 4 in the morning to open my stocking. Then I go back to bed until we have a big breakfast and finally get to open our presents.
ReplyDeleteOoh I'm so glad I found your blog! Ok our Christmas tradions are as follows: Devony's family drives around looking at pretty Christmas lights and singing Christmas carols, Aaron's fam reads "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve. We get a new ornament each year that represents the main thing we did that year, whether it was buying our first house, or getting married. Our kids get ornaments too, so when they get married and leave they already have ornaments for their trees!
ReplyDeleteMy kids get a new ornament for Christmas every year too. I do a 12 books of Christmas as well as a 24 day advent calendar with scriptures. We also go out to eat on Christmas eve with my family :)
ReplyDeleteGetting a toothbrush in our stocking to go along with all of the candy.
ReplyDeletei don't have a christmas tradition to share, but i just wanted to say hi rick and cheryl--it's karen (i don't want to put my last name for security sake, but you better remember me--byu, boise boys, islamic humanities, etc :o) i was checking the pettingill's blog and saw yours... how fun to see what you guys are up to! your kids are precious and it was fun to see rick's big smile :o) what a sweet family. seems like you're doing well--i just wanted to say hi! you can check out our blog too. jerandkare.blogspot... take care!
ReplyDelete